Choosing a security provider you can trust deserves careful consideration. After all, you’re putting the safety of your home, family and valuables in their hands.
Your home is unique, and you'll want to ensure the provider you choose ticks all the right boxes. Investing in a security system is also a financial commitment for your family, so it's important to feel that you're getting good value from your provider, and not throwing your hard-earned money away on a system that's not fit-for-purpose.
Here are some questions to ask any provider, to help you decide...
1. Have you researched the company? What experience do they have and what are their customers saying? Take a look at their reviews online; are they reliable, honest and can they deliver?
2. Does the alarm company comply with the nationally recognised standards and hold NSI Gold for quality and service?
3. Did they send a salesman to specify your system or an engineer who knew what he was talking about? Was their advice tailored to your specific needs?
4. Did they take time to understand your requirements and what concerned you? Did they go round the property asking questions that made you feel they knew what they were talking about?
5. Will you own the system? Or are they suggesting tying you into a complicated package over a long period?
6. Are the products being used credible names and brands?
7. Did they ask about your internet connection and tell you about monitoring and key holder services?
8. Are their engineers fully qualified and trained to the highest standards of health and safety?
9. Will your system be regularly maintained? How often and what is the minimum term? What do you get with the maintenance agreement?
10. How do you contact the customer service department if you have a problem?
11. What ‘out of hours’ support do they offer if your alarm has a fault? How soon will they respond?
12. How do they charge - is it clear? What do you get with the maintenance agreement - what benefits / reduced rates?
Finding out answers to these questions from every provider you consider will go a long way to helping you separate the good from the bad.
Put Allcooper to the test
We're proud to help protect thousands of customers with our security systems - it's what we've done for over 30 years.
If you would like to arrange a free surveyor visit and competitive quotation, call our team on 01452 372626 or click below to enquire online.
REQUEST A FREE QUOTE